Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Writers' Wednesday: An Interview with Monica Martinez

Welcome to Writers' Wednesday! Today I'm chatting with Monica Martinez, erotic romance author who's published a collection of short stories and is now looking forward to the release of her novel Caught Up. Since much of her content is R+ rated, please visit her website directly if you're interested in finding out more details about her books. She also has a number of appearances coming up in the next few months. In the meantime, let's see what makes this author tick!

Hi, Monica. When did you first begin writing? Was there an event or moment in your life that triggered your desire to write?

I began writing poetry at the age of twelve just to cope with the things I was going through. Some pain, some happiness.

What advice would you give to new writers just starting out?

To follow your dream. It can be an amazing journey.

What kinds of books do you like to read? Who is your favorite author?

I like to read fiction. My favorite author is James Patterson

How do you balance writing with the rest of your life?

Well I'm a Virgo so I'm extremley organized! I write once everything else is done. I have a schedule: I come home to cook and have dinner with my family then spend time doing homework with my lil man. After that we hang out for an hour and he goes to take his bath and then we read before I put him to sleep at 9:00 p.m. From 9-11 I spend time writing.

Do you ever suffer from writer's block? If so, what do you do about it?

Sometimes and when it happens I get on the phone with my girlfriends. I'll go back to my computer in a day or two.

What's your ideal writing space?

Actually I write while I'm in my bedroom relaxing with no noise.

What do you like to do when you're not writing?

Catch up on my reading.

When you write, do you use the computer or compose by hand, oral dictation, or some other method?

I write on the computer usually however, if I'm somewhere I don't have my laptop I will buy a book and write.

Monica, thanks for being here today! By the way, you have a great website, very user-friendly and chock-full of info. Readers, if you'd like to know more about Monica, please go ahead and visit. And have a great day!

No comments: