Monday, May 30, 2011

Monday Mentionables: Upcoming Events

Happy Memorial Day, everyone! In honor of all those who have served to protect our country, I thank you whole-heartedly!

***

I have a couple of events coming up this summer that I'm getting excited about, so if you're anywhere in the area(s), I hope you'll join me.

Holiday in Homer Annual Craft Fair - July 16th - This is my annual "hometown" event where I usually see a slew of familiar faces and sell all my new releases. Looking forward to it again this year.

Writing Workshops - Phillips Free Library, July 27th - Thanks to the librarian, who secured a grant so she could pay me (grin), I'll be giving both a one-hour workshop for teens (on writing romance) and a longer workshop in the evening for adults on writing craft and getting published. If you're interested in attending either one, you can call (607) 749-4616 for more information.

Chautaqua Conference = August 2 - I'll be speaking and selling books at this 2-day event that includes workshops on a variety of topics, devoted to the arts and learning for learning's sake. My focus will be "How a Local Girl Made it to NYC" or something of that nature. Will have to blow up pictures of my reading in Greenwich Village last winter!

***

Think I'll spend today writing and maybe planting some flowers, if the weather cooperates. The last 2 days were beautiful, but it's pretty overcast this morning. Well, even if I have to stay inside all day, that means more time at the keyboard!

No comments: