Tuesday, January 23, 2007

An Almost-Published Author

One advantage of marriage it seems to me is that when you fall out of love with him or he falls out of love with you it keeps you together until maybe you fall in again.
~ Judith Viorst



A rockin' good episode of Prison Break last night...that is, as one of my college friends used to say about "ER", the fastest hour on television. Great writing, great characters (especially Robert Knepper playing the uber-evil T-Bag), great twists and turns. Only thing missing was a reunion with Michael and Sarah (c'mon, it's the romantic in me--you know I want the love story too!).

Yesterday Marianne asked me how the life of an almost-published author was going. Here's the answer:

Weird.

First I have to get past that "almost-published" idea. I mean, I suppose in the back of my mind I always thought I'd like to be published someday (who wouldn't?!), but for it to be on the horizon, taking shape? That's a different animal altogether.

And because I am negotiating these weird waters for the first time, obviously every step is new. I'm waiting on the edits for Paradise (they're thinking late Feb. release) and to get my contract back from Samhain so that process can start going forward too.

Meanwhile, I haven't written anything new in 3 days. Amazing how even a little time away can get me out of the rhythm. So today I have to strap myself to the keyboard and WRITE!

2 comments:

MJFredrick said...

Re: Prison Break - I'm glad Mahone isn't dead, but can we please have the BROTHERS making the choices? And I'm so over C-Note. T-Bag's always interesting, though.

Allie Boniface said...

Actually, I can't *believe* Mahone isn't dead!