Sunday, December 16, 2007

And the Storm is Here...

The big storm arrived last night, and it's been sleeting since about 9 pm yesterday. Not a lot on the ground, but man, the ice and the winds are definitely taking their toll. I keep thinking we're going to lose power at some point, so I'm blogging quickly this AM.

Here's my birthday present from hubby!



It's a Zune, an mp3 player, and while I'm not hugely technologically savvy or needy, I'm a BIG music person. I can't wait to download music (legally, Marianne) and create cool playlists (oh yeah, I'm definitely making one of all my fave 80s tunes). Speaking of which, remember the Walkman from the 80s, with the big ol' headphones and the tape deck? Man, things sure have gotten smaller over the years, haven't they? Plus, it holds pictures and videos too: I loaded all the book trailers I've made onto it, and they play in amazing quality on the little screen.

I know, I know, many of you have probably had one for ages...but this is brand new for me, and I'm excited!

OK, I'm signing off now...have a great day and stay warm (those of you in the storm region) and stop envying me my snow (those of you who aren't) - just kidding :)

5 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

LOL... I never doubted your downloads would be legal *G*.

And, no, I don't have one -- YET. Someday.

I still have my old walkman somewhere. Yes, I do!

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Wow, it's pretty! And no, I don't have an mp3, although my husband keeps threatening to buy me one, especially since he got his Nano.

I just tell him that if he wants to spend $200 on me, he should buy me something I already need or want and not something that will create new needs.

I'm a Capricorn. Can you tell? :-)

windycindy said...

I love your birthday gift! I don't have one. I always think I could never figure them out! Enjoy,Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

Sarita Leone said...

What a great gift! Pretty, too! :)

L. Lemanski said...

I LOVE mine--I have a Nano. My brother has a Zune and loves it. Try AllTunes for CHEAP legal music. I downloaded so much Christmas music (at least four CDs worth) for a few bucks! Have fun with it!